Why are there so many shooting incidents and other gun crimes on Walmart property?

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Teens shoot realistic-looking BB gun at Walmart employee in Arkansas

Occurred June 6, 2013.


An employee was accosted by two teens in an Arkansas Walmart, both armed with guns.  Fearing for his life, the employee started to get down when one of the teens fired.  Luckily, the guns were realistic-looking BB guns.

The teens were caught, but allowed to leave without reprimand.

From a blog post by the employee:
I was in the sporting good section by myself or so it seemed. As I rounded the corner, what appeared to be a rifle was pointed in my direction. A teenager was pointing a gun at me. I stopped and froze. Then he said something. I did not understand what he said, but I heard a voice reply to him and I turned around to see another teenager with a gun. Both were pointed at me. I started to drop to the ground and one of them shot the gun. Then they both dropped their guns and ran away.  
A Wal-Mart employee came around the corner and asked me if I saw who shot the gun. I nodded and pointed. My heart was racing. I could barely move. I heard the employee ask the boys but they both said they did not do it and SHE LET THEM LEAVE.  
I did find out that these were BB guns.  .... 
*shaking my head* I cannot believe those kids did not get reprimanded or kicked out or anything. They just got away with opening up, taking BB guns out of boxes and then shooting them. 

The employee nonetheless continued to feel troubled by the incident.

Walmart.  Save money.  Die faster.