Why are there so many shooting incidents and other gun crimes on Walmart property?

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Shooting at Texas Walmart leaves victim wounded in leg and ankle

Scene of shooting at El Paso Walmart
Occurred October 26, 2012.

A man was driving in a Walmart parking lot in El Paso, Texas, when he noticed he was being followed.  He pulled over, and the other driver got out and shot the man three times, shattering bones in his leg and his ankle, then beat the man with his gun.  The suspect and motive are unknown.

The victim now has trouble supporting himself.  He is an Army soldier.

From an article and news video:
"I heard a gunshot. I felt it in my leg, and they said it was three gunshots cause they found two bullets and one inside my leg," said the victim.
The victim, who didn't want to reveal his identity, said the shooting has caused him fear and anger. 
"I'm just so terrified. I'm scared. It's so painful I can't go to sleep. I can't walk. I can't do nothing," he said. 
Police don't know what started the incident, but the victim said he was driving on Dyer when the shooter started following him in  a dark colored, lifted pick-up truck, that's when he pulled over to find out who the driver was. 
"When he had the gun he was hitting me with it, and so he was like. I'm from the Army, you know, cussing," the victim said. 
The gunshot shattered his foot and part of his ankle. 
"I have plates and screws in my foot. Now I'm not going to play basketball no more,"said the victim. 
The victim told KFOX 14 the shooting has also caused a lot of personal problems. 
"Nobody is going to pay my rent or my bills. I have no family in El Paso. I live by myself, single person. No family," said the victim. 
He said he just wants police to catch the shooter before someone else is seriously hurt. 
"This is what upsets me, is that this guy has a loaded gun driving around," he said.
Walmart.  Save money.  Die faster.